DR RAVISHANKAR K DIDDAPUR Download CV (PDF)
M.B.B.S., M.S. (GenSurg – Bombay). F.R.C.S. (Glas). F.R.C.S. (GenSurg – Transplant).
Hesperis Diploma in Transplantation (ECOT). F.A.M.S. (GenSurg – Singapore).
Liver Transplant Program
Head, Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery
National University Hospital
5 Lower Kent Ridge Road
|Address:||Specialist Surgery Singapore Pte Ltd
#02-35 Gleneagles Hospital (Annex Block)
6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.
Dr Ravi Liver, Laparoscopic Surgery and Transplantation Centre
#06-43, Mount Elizabeth Novena
Medical Specialist Centre,
38 Irrawaddy Road, Singapore 329563.
|Board Certification & License|
|Surgical Experience in Singapore (National University Hospital – NUH)|
- Performed the first three(only three) liver transplants in patients with portal vein thrombosis at NUH. This has also included the only paediatric patient with portal vein thrombosis who also had hepatopulmonary syndrome with low PaO2. All of them were discharged well from the hospital. Performed the first living donor hepatectomy for liver transplant, Portal & Hepatic Vein anastomosis for the liver transplant in Semarang, Indonesia.
- Performed all the in house, living donor hepatectomies for liver transplants at NUH during the last two & half years, without any morbidity/mortality.
- Performed lap cholecystectomy in patients with gangrenous gall bladder, cirrhotic patients and in patients with poor cardiac function (EF<30%). The latter is under preparation for publication. This has been done with 0% bile duct injury and maintaining a conversion rate in the region of 5%.
- Performed liver transplants in rats for research purposes and pancreatic islets equivalent injection into renal subcapsule and omentum for diabetic research.
- Maintained a nil mortality for all my hepatectomies during the last 4 years with a bile leak rate of less than 3%. Performed Whipple’s operation with 30 day mortality of nil during the last 4 years though the numbers for the latter have been small.
- As head of the division, performed major surgeries such as Whipples procedure in patients with Hep B Cirrhosis. On literature search in English language, there were 4 such previously submitted cases and ours has been submitted as, perhaps the fifth case. In addition to this also performed major liver resections in similarly cirrhotic patients.
- HMDP Fellowship for Right Lobe Living Donor Liver Transplant by the ministry of Health & manpower development, Singapore.
- First Prize in Clinical Section of Walsgrave Research Poster Day in conjunction with University of Warwick, Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry.
- M.B.B.S : Distinctions in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine. 3rd rank in final M.B.B.S Mysore University.
- 1st Prize in State Medical quiz – Bangalore, Karnataka state – April 1989.
- Gold Medal State Inter-medical Quiz – Bellary, Karnataka state – September 1985.
- Government of India National Merit Scholarship 1979 – 87.
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship 1990 – 92.
Membership of International Organisations
- International Liver Transplant Society
- International Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Society
- Asian Society of Transplantation
- British Transplantation Society
- European Society of Transplantation
- ELSA – Life member
- BMA Member
- SMA Member
Membership of academic and administrative Bodies
- Executive Council Member College of Surgeons, Singapore 2009 – 2011
- Vice President, College of Surgeons, Singapore 2010 – 2011
- Honorary Secretary, College of Surgeons, Singapore 2009 – 2010
- Member, Medical Advisory Board, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore 2008 – 2010
- Chairman, Operating Theatre Committee, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore 2009 – 2010
- Member, Quality Assurance Committee, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore 2008 – 2010
- Member, Mortality Audit Committee, National University Hospital, Singapore 2005 – 2007